the babel machine



 

Thursday, November 03, 2005

dean's non-speculative cover



Now isn't that a sight to behold? Check out the cover of the "Philippine Speculative Fiction" anthology edited by multi-Palanca-award-winning author Dean Francis Alfar.

Dean is the winner of this year's Palanca grand prize in the novel category, for his work "Salamanca," which began life as a blog novel for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) last year. Seems like Dean, Pauline and banzai cat, among others, have joined NaNoWriMo this year.

The goal of this masochistic, er, creative exercise is to produce a 50, 000-word novel in 30 days, starting Nov. 1 and ending midnight, Nov. 30. I participated last year but was unable to finish the novel. I actually forgot about NaNoWriMo (maybe the memory was too painful, hehe) until banzai cat reminded me.

I don't think I'll be able to join this year, though, because I'll be in Singapore from Nov. 15 to 20 to cover the World Cyber Games grand finals. Yeah, excuses, excuses, I know, hehe.

Good luck with NaNoWriMo, guys!

Posted by Joey Alarilla :: 6:49 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------

© the babel machine 2005 - Template by Caz.