the babel machine



 

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

end of chapter 2

It took longer than it should have but no use crying over spilt milk, so yup, I've finally breached the 10, 000-word mark for The Maharlika Legacy. So far I've written 10, 192 words out of the 50, 000 I need for my NaNoWriMo novel.

Also had to take care of Sam which is why I was only able to post it now. Not that I'm making any excuses, hehe. We both miss Ellen so much. It's not easy to take care of a toddler, and I wish I could be a more patient dad, but we had fun eating breakfast and talking, though of course I also have to deal with some crying spells and tantrums.

This is the end of Chapter 2. I'm hoping to get some more writing done today. We'll see.

Here's an excerpt:

Fortunato smiled bitterly as he ran. He knew that the raid was just a diversion. They were after him. He must have sent them after him. They needed him as part of the project again.

One bullet hit him like a sledgehammer on his left arm while another buried itself in his right leg, making him cry out and stumble in front of the home of his beloved SeƱor Nazareno. Blood spurted out from the hole on his flesh the bullet had made, and Fortunato found himself kneeling on his left knee as he struggled to stand while pressing the wound on his arm with his right hand.

The APA had closed in to surround him, their assault rifles ready. The team leader walked up to Fortunato and grabbed a handful of hair as he peered at the face of the fallen pirate.

Read the rest here.

Posted by Joey Alarilla :: 10:35 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------

© the babel machine 2005 - Template by Caz.