the babel machine



 

Saturday, September 25, 2004

zeroes in literatura

My Palanca prizewinning essay "Surviving the Zeroes" has also come out in the latest issue of Literatura, an online magazine of Philippine literature, whose general editor is multi-Palanca awardee Ian Rosales Casocot. Literatura is a section of A Critical Survey of
Philippine Literature
. Please just be patient if the site is sometimes unavailable due to heavy traffic.

It was a pleasure to accept Ian's invitation to have my work posted on this literary site, and I am awed to be in the company of such great writers. The Internet is truly a powerful tool for making Philippine literary works accessible not only to readers in the Philippines but also from all over the world, so I hope you will all support Literatura.

My friend Dean Alfar's futuristic fiction short story "Hollow Girl: A Romance" is also online while his one-act play "The Kite of Stars" is coming soon. Please also be sure to read Wilfredo Pascual Jr.'s "Devotion," which won first prize, and Erwin Romulo's "Confessions of a Space Boy," which won second prize in our category.

I've been able to correspond with Willi via e-mail and extend my congratulations, but I haven't met Erwin yet, so if you're reading this, congrats, man! And congratulations to everyone.



Posted by Joey Alarilla :: 7:15 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------

© the babel machine 2005 - Template by Caz.