the babel machine



 

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

two plus two

I once thought that the "Terrible Twos" was just a myth, or at least an exaggeration.

Until we had a kid.

Sam is cute, precocious and oh-so-charming, but she can also be quite a handful -- and that's an understatement. Sometimes it seems she just wants to say "No" to everything, just for the heck of it. Testing limits. Turning every little thing into a struggle.

Like coaxing her to eat. Making her change her dress. Getting her to go to sleep.

Working from home and taking care of a kid isn't all fun and games. I knew that when I signed up for this, but on some really trying days, I have to wonder if I've bitten off more than I could chew.

It can really be tiring. Too much pressure. Too many demands.

Then Sam flashes a beautiful smile and tells me, "Come on, Daddy. You're my best friend."

And suddenly everything's all right. And I know I made the right choice.



Posted by Joey Alarilla :: 9:51 PM :: 13 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------

© the babel machine 2005 - Template by Caz.